Please read all the guidelines and notices below. Once published and/or having notified The Bombay Review of your approval to go ahead with publishing, the author/poet cannot withdraw/modify their submission.
We do not consider previously published pieces, and are also not able to give feedback or provide comments on rejected pieces. Due to our voluntary working model, and a zero income structure, we are unable to pay writers at this moment, but this is likely to change from Winter, 2020. (Update – Yay, this has indeed changed before Winter hit!)
(1) The Author agrees not to publish or permit others to publish the Work in any form prior to its publication in The Bombay Review or for a period of 3 months after the publication in The Bombay Review.
(2) Copyright reverts to author three months after publication. In case you submit a piece accepted by us elsewhere after these three months, you are required to mention that it was first published in The Bombay Review.
(3) For art, photographs, illustrations that have been sent in to The Bombay Review and accepted to be made into a cover or used as illustrations for work of authors The Bombay Review publishes, the copyright of the modified cover using your work or any illustration made for us, stays with The Bombay Review.
(4) The Author further grants the Publisher the right to non-exclusively archive the Work online as long as the Publisher maintains the The Bombay Review website.
(5) The Author grants to the Publisher the nonexclusive, worldwide English-language right to republish the Work or cause the Work to be republished in any future book or anthology.
(6) The Author grants Publisher the right to use the Author’s name, image (if given), likeness, and
biographical material for all advertising, promotion and other marketing of the Work.
(7) The Author warrants that he or she is the sole author of the Work; that he or she is the owner of all the rights granted to the Publisher hereunder and has full power to enter into this agreement and to make the grants herein contained; that the Work is original and any prior publication of the Work in whole or in part has been fully disclosed to the Publisher; that the Work does not violate the right of privacy of any person; that, to the Author’s knowledge, it is not libelous or obscene and contains no matter which is libelous, in violation of any right of privacy, harmful to the user or any third party so as to subject the Publisher to liability or otherwise contrary to law; and that it does not infringe upon any copyright or upon any other proprietary or personal right of any person, firm or corporation.
(8) The Publisher reserves the right to make minor copy-editing changes to conform the style of the text to its customary form and usage.
(9) If we find plagiarized content, we will have no option but to blacklist the writer, post publicly on our website and social media, and possibly notify other magazines/journals.
(10) The Bombay Review reserves the right to make changes to publication policy, submission guidelines and copyright information at any time, solely at the discretion of the editors.