- Submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word attachments (.doc or .rtf) via email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make the editor’s job easy: Each fiction submission must be a new email thread, attach only one submission per email, use an appropriate email subject: “Submission: Short Fiction:<piece name>”.
- Please give the document an appropriate title. Best would be <author> – <piece title>.
- Do include a two-three line third person bio of yourself, in the body of the email, along with your country and city of residence and nationality (if different).
- For short fiction, we encourage stories which are between 1000-4000 words. In case it exceeds the word limit, we might just consider it if it is exceptionally good.
- Submissions are open till 5th July.
- Set the Language setting to U.K. English in your word processor.
- Ensure your submission is checked for spelling errors, grammar, punctuation, and consistency before submission to save time.
- Please include a legend that explains non-English words.
- Use Times New Roman, double line spacing for the text.
- Include your name under the title of the piece.
Copyright reverts to author/photographer three months after publication. We reserve the right to reprint the work for a print-based anthology at a later date. In case you submit a piece accepted by us elsewhere after these three months, you are required to mention that it was first published in The Bombay Review.
By submitting a piece to us, authors accept that the submitted material is their original work and no portion of it has been reproduced from any other source or work without the consent of the original author. Please note that we do not make plot or character changes, and believe that the writer submits his or her best work. We will only be doing basic grammatical editing.
We do not consider previously published pieces. Neither do we pay writers at this moment.