welcome to the magazine of literary things
Hello dear readers!
Hope you are keeping safe during these times. We are glad you landed on this little magazine of ours. The Bombay Review publishes a steady mix of literary pieces online, conducts events in more than 30 countries, and works on literature development projects. More about us here.
We have quite a few interesting pieces of short fiction and poetry for you this month. Yes, we went monthly to accommodate more work that we could not publish earlier. Watch this space for more new writing in the September, 2020 issue. Our New and Upcoming Writing Editions are reading for Vol III now! Happy reading!
A little bit about the first set of contributors of the current edition, ISSUE 34 – September ’20.
- Sudhir is a well-known writer and film critic, currently the Entertainment Editor of The New Indian Express.
- Tom is a professor in the MFA program at the University of New Hampshire with his work published in The New Yorker, Harper’s, Zoetrope, among others, and his first collection was a New York Times Notable Book of the Year.
- Despy’s writing has been published or is forthcoming in American Poetry Review, American Literary Review, and she teaches at the University of Houston, apart from working as Assistant Poetry Editor for Gulf Coast.
- TS Hidalgo, Spanish writer and product of Universidad Autónoma de Madrid dabbles in finance and the stock market.
- Debashree, a writer-editor from India, lives in Switzerland and has written for Mint Lounge, The Hindu Business Line, and Open Magazine among other publications.
- Raymond Deej lives in Idaho with his kids. That’s everything, he says. The daughter makes the rules.
- Currently doing his PhD from IIT Delhi, Sumallya received the International Oral History Association Scholarship in 2020 to support his research.
- Camillus John was bored and braised in Dublin, Ireland with work published in The Stinging Fly, RTÉ Ten, The Lonely Crowd and other such organs.
- Sanaa is a Literature graduate from St Stephen’s College, Delhi, and a Master’s graduate in Public Policy from St Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
- Stephen Lefebure lives in Colorado, USA and may be found in his own volume, Rocks Full of Sky, apart from other journals.
- S.F. Wright teaches in New Jersey. His work has appeared or is forthcoming in Hobart, Quarter After Eight, Linden Avenue Literary Journal, among other places.
- Terry Sanville lives in San Luis Obispo, California with his artist-poet wife (his in-house editor) and two plump cats (his in-house critics). An accomplished jazz and blues guitarist – he once played with a symphony orchestra backing up jazz legend George Shearing.
- Mita Bordoloi writes stories for adults and children. She has a BS from Washington University in St. Louis and an MA from Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville.
- Aditya Venkataraman is a software engineer at Apple Inc. in California. He is a graduate of National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirrappalli, and a post-graduate of the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- Debarshi is a 25 year old poet from New Delhi, India. He was the recipient of the The Wingword Poetry Prize 2017, The Srinivas Rayaprol Poetry Prize 2017 and he was long listed for the TFA Prize 2019.
- Gale Acuff has had hundreds of poems published in eleven countries and is the author of three books of poetry. He has taught university English in the US, China, and Palestine.
- Minal is a writer, poet, and storyteller from Bangalore, India. She holds an MA in writing from the National University of Ireland Galway and currently works as a content writer.
- Abhinita is a research scholar at IIT Madras with work published in, Outlook Magazine (website), The Tribune, New Asian Writing, Feminism in India (FII), among others.
- Carol studied in Bennington College where she majored in writing, and has received numerous prizes, grants and fellowships.
HERE ARE SOME GREAT CREATIVE WRITING RESOURCES FOR YOU!