Don’t worry, the course is paced at the participant’s convenience. In all, you can expect to spend 25 hours of time with the course, from Idea-Draft-Write.
30 days from joining, you are a published writer and with a certificate under your belt!
- You will come with an idea
- You will understand short story devices and techniques
- Complete the learning module – Syllabus of Short Fiction Course
- Write a short story between 1500 and 3000 words
- Work with us, edit, revise, learn, rewrite
- Submit final draft
- Your story is illustrated by our team
- Publication in The Bombay Review ‘New and Upcoming Writing‘ or ‘Student Writing’
- Your name is put on the cover of the magazine
- Receive certificate
This short fiction writing course is designed to get participants writing and develop their skills. Writing techniques, literary devices, and tips and tricks will help you discover, perfect, and share your own writer’s voice.
- story openings
- using flashback
- creating characters
- writing dialogue
- viewpoint and tense
- tone and mood
- settings and description
- how to end your story
Towards the end, we’ll look at one of the most important parts of the writing process–editing and revising. You’ll get an idea about proofreading, and how to prepare and submit your short fiction to publications.
And if you get struck down with it, we’ll look at how to overcome writer’s block.
Our online courses draw together writers from across the globe. The classes do not take place in “real-time”. You can participate in class any time, day or night, but we expect you to complete it within 60 days of signing up.
Who is this class for?
Anyone, we craft the course according to participant’s proficiency! On one hand, you don’t need any prior knowledge or experience to participate; and on the other, you could have your next piece coming out in the New Yorker.
Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com